A Palace Showing the Traces of Time
Open during special events
This house is open during special events.
Shortly after ascending the throne in 1840, King Frederick William IV purchased the Sacrow estate to further beautify the Potsdam garden landscape. During the same period the king had the Church of the Savior erected quite nearby after plans by Ludwig Persius, who based its forms on an early Christian basilica. Peter Joseph Lenné took on the task of landscaping this prominently located royal park...
With his conversion of the manor house into a palace, King Frederick William IV completed the circle of palaces and gardens around the course of the Havel River in Potsdam. The house building and grounds located on the inner-German border suffered considerable losses after World War II through various uses.
Sacrow House with its delightful view of the New Garden and the Marble House has been available for use as an event location since 2002.
Krampnitzer Straße 33
How to get there
Stop "Potsdam, Schloss Sacrow"
Public parking at the town entrance to Sacrow, approximately 300 meters walking distance from the palace.
Open during exhibitions and special events. If exhibitions and events are taking place, you will find them here (Please note: This content is only available in German).
Unfortunately, exhibition spaces are not wheelchair accessible.
Unfortunately, for conservation reasons the use of baby carriages and strollers is not permitted in exhibition spaces.