Located between the New Garden – with Cecilienhof Palace – and the Pfingstberg, the Villa Quandt was built during the first third of the 19th century, and passed into the hands of the Prussian crown in 1841. After 1914 it was inhabited by Prince Oskar, one of Emperor William II’s sons. Having suffered years of neglect, it was subsequently restored to its former glory and is now home to the Theodor Fontane Archive and the Brandenburgisches Literaturbüro. The bright living room with a fireplace has a public address system and is ideal for seminars, readings and lectures as well as celebrations and other events. The large, open fireplace is an original architectural element from when Prince Oskar, a long-time resident, inhabited the Villa Quandt. Connected to the living room with the fireplace via a small corridor is the villa’s modern and appropriately furnished garden hall. Its double door opens onto the terrace and surrounding garden, which can also be rented together with the villa and is perfect for taking a stroll and enjoying the outdoors. It directly adjoins the gardens of the Belvedere on the Pfingstberg, designed in the 19th century by landscape architect Peter Joseph Lenné. It is a registered World Heritage Site.