Orangery in the New Garden | Palm Hall
In 1791 Frederick William II commissioned Carl Gotthard Langhans to build the prestigious Orangery. Not only used for storing exotic plants, it also had a central concert hall where King Frederick William II of Prussia held intimate concerts, playing the cello himself, accompanied by a chamber orchestra. The Palm Hall has been paneled with the woods of yew, plum tree and elm. Large windows and a central entrance on the south side afford a view of the park. The building is entered from the east via the Egyptian Portal and the greenhouse. This is a wonderful place for enjoying lectures, readings or concerts.
Catering is permitted in both greenhouses, but not in the Palm Hall.