New Palace | "Mopke"
Set within the largest building complex of the 18th century, consisting of the New Palace and the Communs, the “Mopke” was paved with bricks placed on edge in 1763. Despite necessitating regular repairs, it is the Frederician atmosphere, as well as the delightful architectural backdrop, that makes this location so delightful. To the east of the main area, behind the road asphalted in the 1980s, sunken lawns adjoin the footpaths and lead toward the New Palace’s Court of Honor. While taking historic preservation guidelines into account, the Mopke can serve as the ideal location for open-air events, such as celebrations, concerts and theater performances.