A Prime Example of Neoclassical Garden Design
Glienicke Palace park is a jewel in the Potsdam-Berlin UNESCO cultural landscape. Boasting original antiquities, the park and palace are a place of symbiotic harmony, inspired by Italian Mediterranean designs, and picturesquely choreographed by Peter Joseph Lenné into an English style, landscape garden on the banks of the Havel River.
The Prussian statesman and chancellor Karl August von Hardenberg acquired the country estate in 1814. He had the grounds designed with an exemplary system of footpaths, from which surprising vistas of Potsdam, Babelsberg Palace, Sacrow, Peacock Island and the Havel lakes could be enjoyed.
When Prince Carl of Prussia acquired the estate in 1824, he had Glienicke divided into a flower garden, pleasure ground and park in the English style, with a meandering route affording views across the Havel River landscape to Potsdam. At the same time Karl Friedrich Schinkel built the Casino near the water’s edge and redesigned the manor home into a small palace in the spirit of Neoclassicism. The Glienicke estate coalesced into a complete work of architecture and garden.
In addition to its use as a museum, various special tours, lectures and concerts are held at the palace year-round.
Glienicke Park is a world renowned example of garden design. Please help us to maintain the park as a place of culture and recreation.
To the info page of the venue
How to get there
Stop "Schloss Glienicke (Berlin)"
Public parking at the Königstraße.
Year-round, daily, 8 am until dusk
|Monday - Sunday:||all day open|
Price : 0.00
Visitor's Center at the Historic Windmill in Sanssouci Park
An der Orangerie 1
Visitor's Center at the New Palace in Sanssouci Park
Am Neuen Palais 3
Phone: +49 (0) 331.96 94-200
SPSG | Gruppenservice
contact form for booking requests
Phone: 0331.96 94-222
Fax: 0331.96 94-107
- wheelchair access with assistance
In the surroundings you will find the following dining options: